Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Taneycomo Trip by Jim B. 10/31/2010

Good news and bad news!  My trip to Taney Sunday was brought about by the Southwest Power Association webb site for genernation releases at Table Rock Dam.  The forecasts in the past have been very reliable and many good trips resulted from this information.  The site forecasted no generation for Sunday, this happens very rarely at Taney Therefore Satan temptempted me to run down early Sunday morning.  Visions of lunker brown trout in the C&R area danced in my head.  I left town about 6:30am Sunday, got down there and in the stream by 10:30.  No water was running and there were few fishermen around.  I walked in at the rocking chair hole, no strikes for 10 minutes, so I moved down a little and really got into them.  Yes the peach glow ball was working its magic.  They were very good size with the largest going 16 inches, with good coloring.  This went on till around noon, when I heard a sound that sent schivers down my spine, surely it was a mistake and that could not be the siren? 

I had been fooled by the generation report after only fishing for 1-1/2 hours.  I was still catching fish as the water was cutting off my escape route.  I drove around to the outlet looked around and heard that they planed on running water till 8:00pm.  I did not want to chance it another day of high water, so I packed up my rods and headed home.  But it was a great short time at Taney!

Jim B.

No comments:

Post a Comment