Saturday, June 25, 2011

Lake of the Forest HOAFF outing 6-18-2011

It was a great Saturday morning for fishing with perfect weather and friends. The club outing was a lot of fun and most of the group had kickboats / float tubes. The fish really cooperated too. Everyone was catching loads of fish. Many good sized blue gill and sunfish as well as quite a few largemouth. My biggest bass was about 14 inches and a fat one. I heard someone caught a 21 inch largemouth but didn't see it. The water was very murky, and so I thought poppers wouldn't work. After catching just a couple with a Jacomo, I switched to a small white popper and used it the rest of the time. Probably caught 60 - 70 fish or so and missed a lot. We had a nice lunch on the shore and then split up.

Lake of the Forest

Gary

Ron

Jim & Son

Eric







Ray

My kick boat

No comments:

Post a Comment