Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bennett Spring 8-29-2011

Bennett Spring Trip - 8/29 & 8/30/2011
I had a very enjoyable 2 day fly fishing trip to Bennett Spring on Monday and Tuesday. Tom from work was going to go but had to stay home at the last minute. I also met my cousin Larry down there, who learned how to do some casting. Anyway, the fishing was average to slow overall, and I didn't see a huge number of fish caught. I probably landed a couple dozen during Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning. My first fish as a nice fat fighter of a 16 inch brown trout.The rest were Rainbows of a pretty normal size. The best flies for me were the zebra midge (sometimes as a dropper), adams dry, crackle back (which I rarely fish, but heard others were having some luck with), and black woolley bugger (which worked really well just before the evening whistle above the dam). I ended up bringing a few home. The weather was absolutely perfect! It was cool enough Monday night after cleaning fish in the cold water that I turned on my car heater for a few minutes. I stayed up at Sand Spring overnight. I felt like doing some hiking and also took some extra photos. The wild flowers were really pretty in bloom this time of year.

Terry

I included a few photos below, and for the complete slide show, go to:

http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z438/flyfishkc/Bennett%20Spring%208-29-2011/?albumview=slideshow

Up at the Spring

The "Gage House"

Hatchery Trout

Below the Dam

"The Bluff"

"Social Hole"

Many flowers were in bloom

Larry casting practice

ME


No comments:

Post a Comment